Wednesday, July 30, 2008

From garden to Gift



I only planted 4 little zucchini plants this year, but for some reason, the amount of zucchini I've been getting is RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!! I've made every recipe I can find, and I just can't keep up!

So, I decided to share :) I picked some and bagged them up to give to our neighbors. But the plain brown bag looked so...well, boring. So, I thought I'd dress it up a bit.

Because it was zucchini and from the garden, I was drawn to the Wild Wasabi paper with its fresh, bright color. All I did was to:
- cut 2 strips, each 3" wide from the 12"x12" cardstock
- cut an inch off the end of each strip
-score both strrips 3" from each end and fold at score lines
-stick the tabs together on each end of both strips to make a "sleeve" for the bag
(This formula will be the right size for a standard brown lunch-size bag. Measure & adjust as necessary for other size bags)

Then I used my new "Enjoy Every Moment" stamp set and my Ticket Corner Punch to make a cute label, threw on a touch of ribbon and a button to fill the "O", and voila! What was boring is now a bit special. (Plus, I got to use up a TON of retiring stuff! BONUS!!)

I didn't want to go overboard, after all, it's just some veggies, but I still wanted it to be more than just a plain brown bag. Just thought I'd share an idea for how to add a special touch to an otherwise ordinary thing.

1 comment:

Kylah Marro said...

Great idea!!!! I think I will make some of those for my parents. They are always giving their veggies away!

 

MySpace Web Counters
beaches and resorts