Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Layers of Inspiration





This was another "Challenge" from a wonderful stamper friend. This time around we were invited to an "Inspiration" challenge, in which we were provided a picture and were to create a card inspired by what we saw.

In this case, our inspiration was this gorgeous cake from Martha Stewart's website. I had to admit, I was not sure that I would feel "inspired" by some random photo or that I would have any idea where to start, but this cake was beautiful. I was most inspired by the colors and the dainty, graceful vine-like stems and flowers.

Here is what I came up with. Not too far outside the box, but just my own take on what the photo inspired in me. I find I am REALLY enjoying these challenges, they give me an excuse to sit and be creative just to see what I can make.

No comments:

 

MySpace Web Counters
beaches and resorts