Thursday, July 31, 2008

Keeping it Simple (okay, TRYING to keep it simple...!)


In checking out different blogs and websites, I find I've been very inspired lately with the idea of a monochromatic color scheme.
I tend to be one who is always looking for fun new color combinations and trying to see how many I can use on a card before it's too much (sometimes I don't realize it until after I've gone WAY too far!).
But I've seen so many wonderful variations on this monochromatic theme, that I really wanted to give it a try. I love the simplicity of it, and how it adds depth in such a subtle way.
For the card I made here, I used Mellow Moss, Always Artichoke Textured, and Very Vanilla papers.
The Tres Chic background stamp spends a lot of time just sitting on my shelf, so I dusted it off and gave it a try. I'm still not sure it's my favorite choice for this, but I don't dislike it, either.
I was going for simplicity, so I opted for the stark branch stamp from the Embrace Life set which I love so much. For more interest, I used Mellow Moss and stamped it off first, then randomly stamped the Vanilla paper; then I stamped it it in the center with StazOn Black and water colored it with the greens. I also sponged the edges just a little with the Moss ink for more depth.
The wide ribbon is from Ribbon Originals "Theater", which is going bye-bye very soon, so I wanted to use it while I can, then I added some narrow Moss grosgrain over that. Just a few brads on the side and I was finished.
What I am NOT finished with, though, is this monochrome idea, so look for more attempts coming soon! (Plus, probably a little color-combining thrown in for good measure. I can't help myself!)

No comments:

 

MySpace Web Counters
beaches and resorts