Saturday, August 2, 2008

My Timing Was Almost Spooky!



Lots of Stampers have these fantastic tools like Nestabilities and Cuttlebugs, which ( if you have lived under a non-papercrafts rock for a while) are wonderful inventoins that cut fancy edges, layers, and do dry-embossing like magic.

In short, these things are wonderful. My sad story? I don't have either one yet. I am not feeling sorry for myslef, but I DO love the effects you can get from these machines.

So, I set about trying to figure out how to get a similar look even without the technology. What I came up with was to use an SU dry embossing Classy Brass Template.

I cut my layers first (each 1/4" larger than the last), then Dry Embossed the edges. When I put them together, I had a look I really liked! The cute egdes went well with the adorable Srawberry from the Tart -N-Tangy set that I just LOVE! But I worried whether that stamp set, which is from a temporary Mini Catalog, would still be around when SU launches its new Catalog in a couple of weeks, AND when I could get my hands on a cool tool so my fingers would stop cramping from pressing with the stylus.

So, what does all this have to do with spooky timing? Well, if you don't want some surprise spoilers, STOP READING...but...(and I am not giving away TOO much info, but just a little peeksy...)

As it turns out, my layering and embossing woes will soon be over because SU will be offering THE gadget. Can you say "Big Shot"?? What IS a Big Shot...just ask me in a couple of weeks and will I have news for YOU! PLUS...I just MAY not have to worry that my precious little fruit stamp set will be gone...

That's it, that's all I'm saying. How do I know such things? I am privileged to know some of the best Stampers on the planet, AND there are LOTS of people at the SU convention as we speak, AND some bloggers are kind enough to update us, AND, well, you get the picture.

No comments:

 

MySpace Web Counters
beaches and resorts