Wednesday, August 6, 2008

It's not just "pink", it's "PINK!!!"


They don't call that shade of pink "Pink Passion" for nothing!


This card layout was based (of course, you know I love 'em!) on another "Challenge" that was put out for all of us obsessed and crazy...OOPS!, I mean dedicated and enthusiastic...Stampers.


I wanted it to "pop", so I went for bold graphics and eye catching color. Turned out bold and eye catching alright, you practically need sunglasses!


I tried to use only ONE stamp set (instead of my usual 3 or 4). The words and the berry branches are stamped in StazOn Black, but the Heart is embossed with Black EP on White paper. I used a Blender Pen with Pink Passion ink to color most of it, but left some flowers white so they'd stand out.


I actually embossed 2 heart images, cut the colored one out around the smaller, solid line; left the other white and cut IT out along the dotted line, then layered one on top of the other.


For more "pop", I "flicked" the edges of the Pink strips on the Black ink pad, and after I Paper Pierced the dotted lines, I even used the fine tip of my Black Stampin' Write Marker to poke into each hole to give it definition.


After that, a few brads (ran out of Black, so I used Silver and embossed them with Black EP!) a little Gingham Ribbon, and a bit of White Gel Pen and this one was ready to assault the senses!

No comments:

 

MySpace Web Counters
beaches and resorts