Monday, August 18, 2008

Clearly a Good Idea



Here is a project I made for a Challenge on Splitcoast. I thought this was SUCH a cute idea! It is a little box made out of card stock and clear acetate, so you can see the goodies inside.

Of course, this could be used to hold ANYTHING...candy, votive candles, tea bags, cocoa packets, crayons, beads, ribbon...the list is endless! What popped into my head was this was a great size for the birdseed people give wedding guests to throw over the bride & groom (instead of rice, which hurts the little birdies!)

Okay, I admit, this is not ACTUALLY "birdseed", it is leftover food from my son's hamster. I looked all over, but there was no birdseed in the house, so I improvised! This is just a sample, anyway, I promise, I will not be pelting any newlyweds with rodent meal!!

This was a LOT easier than it looks (okay, well it looked tricky to me when I saw it!). I just used White cardstock, some ribbon (not SU!), my SU Pretties Kit for those lovely flowers and beads, and one Overhead Projector Sheet that I bought from Staples. I will post the exact dimensions and directions in a later post, I want to make sure I give the correct info.

But just think, in the meantime you can dream up all sorts of possibilities for how to use this, and have plenty of time to make sure you have Clear Acetate to get started! (Staples can thank me anytime... :) )

1 comment:

Kylah Marro said...

Awesome! Can you send me the link to the challenge?

 

MySpace Web Counters
beaches and resorts