Saturday, September 27, 2008

And A Happy Birthday To My...TEENAGER!?!


No matter how much I think about it, I just cannot fully believe that my very first baby is officially a teenager today!


That's right - Dakota turns 13 years old today. I can still remember it like it was yesterday: going to the hospital, Jeff and I were so excited we could hardly stand it! I remember holding him for the first time. And now here he is, as tall as I am (not that that's hard to do!)


Dakota has pleasantly surprised us from the very start. He does everything with such intensity. When he first talked, it was in full sentences. When he first walked, it was all the way across the room. When he first read words (in PRESCHOOL!) it was a book!


And now is no different, Dakota is so intelligent and has such a great sense of humor. He loves to write stories and draw, and he is so astoundingly good at both! He has high hopes and I have no doubt he will achieve all that and more!


Among many other things, Dakota loves the Martial Arts and all things Asian, like Asian Art, Food, and Philosophy, I chose the Bamboo II and Kanji stamps for his card. It was the perfect way to wish him what we want for him most: Harmony, Wisdom, and Love!





No comments:

 

MySpace Web Counters
beaches and resorts