Sunday, September 7, 2008

Here Comes the SUN!! (well, for a minute...)


Between the remnants of Hurricanes Gustav, Hannah, and Ike, it seems like we have seen nothing BUT rain here in Southern VA for the last week or 2, and I was ALL DONE with that!

We have been very lucky to only get rain, some winds and nothing more serious, but also only a peek of sun now and again.

When I saw this Sketch Challenge (i.e. make a card using this layout, and pick any stamps, colors, and accessories you want) I knew I needed some bright, happy colors.

The problem was that after all the gray outside, I just could not narrow down my color choices, so in the end, I decided to use ALL of them!

In the end, after I combined Perfect Plum, White, So Saffron, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, and Rose Red (and the kitchen sink?) I was happier than I thought I would be with the result.
A little ribbon and bling (what is a card WITHOUT those??) and I felt cheerier already. This turned out to be the perfect birthday card for a friend AND a nice way to perk up a dreary day.

No comments:

 

MySpace Web Counters
beaches and resorts